2019 STIHL MS 201 C-EM
A lightweight, high-performing chainsaw with STIHL M-Tronic™ technology. Starts easy, runs smooth.
The MS 201 C-EM delivers high power and smart technology in a lightweight package. The added STIHL M-Tronic™ intelligent engine management system automatically adapts to changes in environmental factors such as fuel quality and altitude. The result is a reliable and fuel-efficient machine that performs optimally in a variety of conditions. In addition, the MS 201 C-EM features our STIHL Easy2Start™ system - making engine starting almost effortless. Farm and ranch jobs will be made easier with use of this well-balanced, low-vibration and durable chainsaw.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- STIHL M-Tronic™: This product features M-Tronic™ (M) - a new generation of Intelligent Engine Management that eliminates the low and high speed carburetor adjustment screws, compensates for dirty air filter and changes in elevation and fuel quality for optimum engine power at all times.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Displacement: 35.2 cc (2.15 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.8 kW (2.41 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 3.9 kg (8.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 310 cc (10.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 220 cc (7.4 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 63 PS3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16") STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E or STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E Light
- Power Source: Gas
- 2.15 cu. in. (35.2 cc)
- Horse Power
- 2.41 bhp (1.8 kW)
- 8.6 lb. (3.9 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)