2019 STIHL FS 111
A powerful bike-handle trimmer made for professional use, featuring simplified starting and 30% longer run time than the FS 110.
Landscaping professionals that demand power in their mowing applications will love the STIHL FS 111 trimmer. With its low-emission, 31.4 cc engine, grass and tall, thick weeds don't stand a chance. And because it features a larger fuel tank, the FS 111 delivers 30% longer run times when compared to the FS 110. Its bike-handle design also includes rubberized grips for enhanced comfort and leverage. The trimmer features one touch stop and a simplified starting procedure enabled by the semi-automatic choke lever. Add to that an improved air filtration and STIHL exclusive IntelliCarb™ technology for maximum RPM when air filter begins to clog. Need to cut down heavy brush or saplings? The solid steel drive shaft accepts a wide range of heavy-duty cutting heads, including metal blades.
- Simplified Starting Procedure: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start" setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you're ready to get back to work.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Bike Handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently. With soft grips for increased comfort, the bike handle provides greater control and helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- Tool-Free Handle Adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated 90°.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Displacement: 31.4 cc (1.9 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.05 kW (1.4 bhp)
- Weight*: 5.8 kg (12.8 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 710 cc (24.0 oz.)
- Cutting Swath: 16.5"
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 1.4 bhp (1.05 kW)
- 1.9 cu. in. (31.4 cc)
- Cutting Width
- 16.5 in.
- 12.8 lb. (5.8 kg)